Finally, after it had sat on my shelf for a couple of years, I figured I should start to look at salvaging some of the parts for something new. Just as a last chance, I once again unplugged the processor and juggled the wires and suddenly, it works like a charm!! As with most thing, the threat of imminent destruction got it moving!
Anyway, in honour of it's miraculous recovery, I have fixed up my blog posts and reinserted the graphics Google lost for me. The posts can be found at:
- Overview of the sensor network
- Indoor Outdoor temp display
- Xbee -Gumstix hardware
- Gumstix-Arduino software
This project is pretty old now and obviously could be done much more easily with newer models of Arduino like the Yun, but it does show some good basics on getting Zigbee and PHP and Arduino all working together. Apparently, too, it is capable of great longevity!